The foundation of all types of buildings is TMT bars.
TMT bar’s quality cannot be compromised in any way. Selecting only the highest-grade TMT bar that can endure the load during natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, or fires is required when building. A large concentration of unknown materials that are damaging to structures is present in TMT bars of poor quality.
Thermo Mechanical Treatment, or TMT for short, is a metallurgical treatment. The IS (Indian Standards) Standards are followed in the production of these TMT Bars.For both civil and retail construction projects, FE 500 TMT bars are the most popular on the market today.
The TMT steel bar’s “Fe” sign denotes the presence of iron. Fe stands for Ferrum, which is the Latin name for the element Iron. The minimum yield strength of the TMT steel bar is shown in Figure 500 in the Fe 500 TMT specification.What distinguishing qualities does the Fe 500 Grade TMT steel bar have?
- Due to its low carbon content, the highest quality TMT bars have the ideal balance of strength and flexibility.
- Because TMT Bars are made of relatively high-strength steels and have ribs on their surface that act as stress concentrators, they must undergo a Bend and Rebend test.
- When compared to cold twisted bars (CTD) of the same grade, these materials have higher yield strength, ultimate tensile strength, and % elongation.
- It is highly weldable and suitable for various purposes.
- Highly Earthquake and Corrosion Resistant.
- TMT Bars have less sulfur, which helps the structures stay resistant to fire.
- Yield Strength: The yield strength of Fe 500 is 500 N/sq mm. They are useful for house construction due to their physical and chemical characteristics.
- Ultimate Tensile Strength (UTS): The bare minimum UTS of Fe 500 is 545 N/mm2.
- Elongation: The Fe 500 must be elongated by a minimum of 12%.
- They are excellent for construction in earthquake zones 3, 4, and 5 because they can effectively withstand seismic and dynamic loading.
- The Fe500 TMT bars have an ideal level of carbon, which greatly increases their corrosion resistance.
- They are free of hazardous gases like oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen, as well as contaminants like sulfur and phosphorus if they were constructed utilizing Ladle Refining Furnace (LRF) technology.
- They help to make the structure fire-resistant.
Due to its increased seismic ability and ductility, Fe 500 steel is ideal. Fe 500 steel can be used in a variety of multi-story commercial and residential constructions. These are made specifically to provide stability to high-rise projects and have a high level of ductility and strength. These are important in all locations with unexpected loads or heavy seismic activity since they can resist load much better.
Icon Steel is one of India’s leading steel manufacturers. Find the best steel products with us, and we promise that you won’t be disappointed with our superior quality.